Outbye Engineering Coordinator
About Whitehaven Coal
Whitehaven Coal is a leading producer of some of the world’s highest quality coal. Operating in NSW’s Gunnedah Basin, our vision is to be Australia’s leading independent coal company.
Whitehaven Coal operates four open cut mines (Maules Creek, Werris Creek, Tarrawonga and Rocglen), one underground mine (Narrabri) and a Coal Handling and Preparation Plant, supported by offices in Gunnedah, Newcastle, Sydney and Tokyo. The company has been growing its workforce and currently has around 800 employees.
Whitehaven Coal is committed to increasing the number of women and Aboriginal people in our workforce and welcomes applicants who reflect diversity of gender and culture.
Our commitment is to be:
- A leading producer of some of the world’s highest quality coal
- A company that has locally-based employees wherever possible
- A proud member of and leading employer in the north west NSW region
- A provider of stable and secure employment opportunities for local Aboriginal people.
- A company that achieves Zero Harm to our people, our environment and our community.
- A safe and healthy smoke free workplace
The Role: Outbye Engineering Coordinator Narrabri (NSW)
Reporting to the Outbye Superintendent we have a need for full time Outbye Engineering Coordinator based at our underground coal mine, located in Narrabri NSW. We are seeking suitably qualified and experienced person to support the Outbye team. In this role your responsibilities will include, but not be limited to the following;
- Safety performance of Outbye Engineering and maintenance activities
- Provide leadership to the Outbye Engineering and maintenance teams
- Identify areas for improvement in the mining process
- Maintain compliance with legislative and environmental requirements
- Achieve budget and forecast production requirements
- Managing performance of shift personnel
- Enforcing standards of work and behaviour
- Ensure that engineering and maintenance operations are thoroughly planned and executed
- Manage major work projects for the Outbye operations
- mange contractors activities
The successful applicant will possess the following qualifications, experience and qualities:
- Degree or Associate Diploma in relevant electrical or Mechanical field
- 5 yrs Underground mining experience
- Proven track record in operational management
- Demonstrated technical, operational and leadership ability in similar mining environment
- High level of communication and interpersonal skills
- Highly motivated
How to Apply
If you are interested in this position:
- Complete the questions contained in the application below, then click Apply
- Attach a resume. Please note this is a mandatory requirement of the application process
Closing Date: 18th January 2019
In order to be considered for this position you must currently have the right to work in Australia.
Please be advised that in the interest of the health of our employees and visitors, all Whitehaven Coal sites are smoke free.