Technical Services Manager
About Whitehaven Coal
Whitehaven Coal is the dominant player in Australia’s only emerging high-quality coal basin. We help power developed and emerging economies in Asia where there is strong and growing demand for our product, particularly for use in high-efficiency, low-emissions coal-fired power stations. With 20 years of industry experience we have developed a growing reputation for excellence in project delivery and safe, efficient and environmentally responsible operations.
The Role: Technical Services Manager, Technical Team (Narrabri, NSW)
An outstanding opportunity has become available for a Technical Services Manager to join the team in Narrabri. Reporting to the Site General Manager, you are accountable for providing technical services and support to the Underground operations, spanning geotechnical engineering, mine planning, surveying, ventilation and gas drainage in seam and surface.
To be successful in the role you will:
- Achieve cost effective operations of the technical services department in accordance with annual operating plans and budgets by maintaining optimum work practices, maximising productivity and ensuring effective utilisation of staff and resources.
- Coordinate the geotechnical design process for mine operations, ensuring structural mapping is undertaken and the strata failure management plan is complied with, to avoid major falls of the roof.
- Sufficiently resource the survey department, ensuring adequate equipment and personnel are available to develop the mine on grade and within tolerances.
- Manage geological exploration to deliver timely planning information for mine design and operation, developing an effective geological model while managing boreholes effectively.
- Develop an accurate Life of Mine planning model to ensure the effective and efficient operation of the mine, with the long term schedule being utilised for regular planning.
The successful applicant will possess the following qualifications, experience and qualities:
- Tertiary qualifications in Mining Engineering, Geology, Geophysics or other related disciplines.
- Extensive experience in a senior mining engineering role and underground mining industry.
- Successful candidate must be based in the Narrabri region.
Benefits for You
- Opportunity to work for an Industry leader.
- Excellent training and career prospects.
- Attractive salary and relocation package.
- Permanent, full time position.
How to Apply
If you are interested in this position:
- Complete the questions in the below application, then click Apply;
- Attach your Resume. Please note this is a mandatory requirement of the application process.
The Narrabri Shire is conveniently located halfway between Brisbane and Sydney and is well serviced by road and rail. The Narrabri Shire has established healthcare infrastructure and a wide selection of public and secondary schools offering great teaching and learning opportunities.
Whitehaven Coal is committed to increasing the representation of women and Aboriginal people in the workplace. Whitehaven aims for an inclusive workplace that brings both men and women from diverse backgrounds and welcomes applicants who reflect diversity of gender, culture, experience and skills.
In order to be considered for this position you must currently have the right to work in Australia.
Please be advised that in the interest of the health of our employees and visitors, all Whitehaven Coal sites are smoke free.