About Whitehaven Coal
Whitehaven Coal is the dominant player in Australia’s only emerging high-quality coal basin. We help power developed and emerging economies in Asia where there is strong and growing demand for our product, particularly for use in high-efficiency, low-emissions coal-fired power stations. With 20 years of industry experience we have developed a growing reputation for excellence in project delivery and safe, efficient and environmentally responsible operations.
The Role: Senior Planner, Project Delivery (Brisbane, QLD)
An outstanding opportunity has become available for a Senior Planner to join the Project Delivery team in Brisbane. Reporting to the Executive General Manager – Project Delivery, you are accountable for development and implementation of scheduling procedures and management plans as well as monitoring, forecasting and reporting of the progress of the Projects within the Project Delivery team portfolio. You will also promote and maintain a schedule conscious environment throughout the projects and assist in other areas of Project Controls where necessary.
To be successful in the role you will:
- Undertake project controls activities, including baseline schedule development and management, performance status and reporting, baseline change control, risk management, earned value management and reporting.
- Apply scheduling and planning techniques and controls (earned value, cost and schedule variance, estimates at completion, critical path analysis).
- Develop, implement and control the project scheduling to meet project requirements.
- Development and management of integrated master schedules for specific work packages/projects in Primavera that reflect all interface milestones and activity duration's from multiple schedules and feed changes to the integrated master schedule.
- Support the project teams with progress reporting including schedule updates, forecast to complete, variance identification, opportunities for improvement and monthly progress reporting.
- Monitor and control programme compliance in respect of the projects contractual obligations.
The successful applicant will possess the following qualifications, experience and qualities:
- Tertiary Qualifications (Degree) in Engineering, Business, Management or related disciplines (essential).
- Relevant industry experience (mining/process/infrastructure) including experience with planning for major projects.
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and presentation skills.
- High level of proficiency in using Primavera (P6).
Benefits for You
- Full time, permanent position.
- Excellent training and career prospects.
- Attractive Salary and benefits package.
- Opportunity to work for an Industry leader.
How to Apply
If you are interested in this position:
- Complete the questions in the below application, then click Apply;
- Attach your Resume. Please note this is a mandatory requirement of the application process.
Whitehaven Coal is committed to increasing the representation of women and Aboriginal people in the workplace. Whitehaven aims for an inclusive workplace that brings both men and women from diverse backgrounds and welcomes applicants who reflect diversity of gender, culture, experience and skills.
In order to be considered for this position you must currently have the right to work in Australia.
Please be advised that in the interest of the health of our employees and visitors, all Whitehaven Coal sites are smoke free.