Technical Services Manager
About Whitehaven Coal
Whitehaven Coal is the dominant player in Australia’s only emerging high-quality coal basin. We help power developed and emerging economies in Asia where there is strong and growing demand for our product, particularly for use in high-efficiency, low-emissions coal-fired power stations. With 20 years of industry experience we have developed a growing reputation for excellence in project delivery and safe, efficient and environmentally responsible operations.
The Role: Technical Services Manager, Project Delivery (Brisbane, QLD)
An outstanding opportunity has become available for a Technical Services Manager to join the Project Delivery team in Brisbane. Reporting to the Executive General Manager – Project Delivery, you are accountable for providing technical services and support to the Project Delivery team.
To be successful in the role you will:
- Demonstrate visible safety leadership in the workplace through leading by example, fostering OH&S awareness among staff, managing risk, and promoting continuous improvements in the area of safety while working towards the company goal of “zero harm”.
- Develop budgets and costing for use in the project financial models.
- Prepare operational plans for the project including appropriate estimates of capital and operating costs, and transition through to Operational readiness and handover.
- Coordinate the development of accurate and detailed short and long term plans and schedules for the mines, consistent with best practice.
- Provide fit-for-purpose technical advice to the project teams as required.
- Develop a Life of Mine planning model during the concept/feasibility phases of the project.
- Contribute to the development of a positive and collaborative organisational culture.
The successful applicant will possess the following qualifications, experience and qualities:
- Tertiary qualifications in Mining Engineering,
- Statutory qualifications Open Cut Examiner or Mine Manager would be well regarded.
- Experience at senior management, preferably at the level of Operations Manager or Technical Services Manager.
- Experience as JORC Competent Person for the purposes of project JORC Reserves estimation
- Significant experience with open cut coal mining with exposure to project evaluation and approval processes.
- Experience across a variety of open cut equipment, for the purposes of leading strategic equipment selection and optimisation in operations
- Experience with Spry and Vulcan will be highly regarded but not essential.
Benefits for You
- Full time, permanent position.
- Excellent opportunity for career development.
- Attractive Salary and relocation package.
- Opportunity to work for an Industry leader.
How to Apply
If you are interested in this position:
- Complete the questions in the below application, then click Apply;
- Attach your Resume. Please note this is a mandatory requirement of the application process
Whitehaven Coal is committed to increasing the representation of women and Aboriginal people in the workplace. Whitehaven aims for an inclusive workplace that brings both men and women from diverse backgrounds and welcomes applicants who reflect diversity of gender, culture, experience and skills.
In order to be considered for this position you must currently have the right to work in Australia.
Please be advised that in the interest of the health of our employees and visitors, all Whitehaven Coal sites are smoke free.