About Whitehaven Coal
Whitehaven Coal is the dominant player in Australia’s only emerging high-quality coal basin. We help power developed and emerging economies in Asia where there is strong and growing demand for our product, particularly for use in high-efficiency, low-emissions coal-fired power stations. With 20 years of industry experience we have developed a growing reputation for excellence in project delivery and safe, efficient and environmentally responsible operations.
The Role: Engineering Manager, Operations (Narrabri, NSW)
Reporting to the Mine Manager, you will coordinate the Engineering and Maintenance activities for underground operations at Narrabri mine in line with the CMH&S Act, Regulations, engineering and maintenance requirements of the mine whilst achieving budget performance in safety, production and cost. You will provide strategic leadership and vision for the underground engineering activities and develop and implement the engineering and maintenance standards for the surface and underground sections of the mine and to ensure that these key processes have relevant standards to operate.
Duties may include:
- Identify and implement operations, work practices and workplace improvements through developing relevant systems to achieve safety and performance goals.
- Provide input life cycle planning data, historical costs and budget requirements and jointly prepare costs and capital requirements for the business plan.
- Manage the Mine Defect System, Mine Work Order System, Mine Production Database and UG Citect/PLC systems.
- Manage performance by managing and monitoring of shift personnel and enforcing standards of work and behavior.
- Ensure Engineering and Maintenance contract activities are conducted with due regard for costs, productivities, and quality of work requirements
The successful applicant will possess the following qualifications, experience and qualities:
- Degree or Associate Diploma relevant Mechanical or Electrical maintenance engineering field
- Experience in a multi-discipline environment where interface issues were prevalent, priority setting a recognized responsibility.
- Demonstrated technical & operational ability in a similar mining and/or processing environment.
- Sound commercial acumen with the ability to relate physical activities to budget goals and constraints.
- Sound project management ability with a proven track record in management of minor and major capital projects.
Benefits for You
- Full time, permanent position.
- Opportunity to work in a management role for an industry leader.
- Attractive Salary and benefits package.
- Relocation assistance provided.
How to Apply
If you are interested in this position:
- Complete the questions in the below application, then click Apply;
- Attach your Resume. Please note this is a mandatory requirement of the application process.
Whitehaven Coal is committed to increasing the representation of women and Aboriginal people in the workplace. Whitehaven aims for an inclusive workplace that brings both men and women from diverse backgrounds and welcomes applicants who reflect diversity of gender, culture, experience and skills.
In order to be considered for this position you must currently have the right to work in Australia.
Please be advised that in the interest of the health of our employees and visitors, all Whitehaven Coal sites are smoke free.