About Whitehaven Coal
Whitehaven Coal is the dominant player in Australia’s only emerging high-quality coal basin. We help power developed and emerging economies in Asia where there is strong and growing demand for our product, particularly for use in high-efficiency, low-emissions coal-fired power stations. With 20 years of industry experience we have developed a growing reputation for excellence in project delivery and safe, efficient and environmentally responsible operations.
The Role: Geotechnical Engineer, Technical Services (Narrabri, NSW)
An outstanding opportunity has become available for a Geotechnical Engineer is accountable for the coordination of all the mines geotechnical requirements. This includes the design of primary and secondary support plans, strata monitoring, underground mapping, and managing of external geotechnical consultants.
To be successful in the role you will:
- Develop and maintain a system that ensure required plans, notifications and associated reports and documents are provided to the Mining Engineering Manager with adequate lead time for review and submission.
- Liaise with and obtain support plans and reports from Geotechnical Consultant.
- Develop and maintain a system for monitoring and reviewing the mines strata monitoring data.
- Provide weekly reports on the status of the mines geotechnical environment.
- Review and investigate the performance of the mines strata control system via frequent underground inspections.
- Review daily statutory reports for comments on geotechnical conditions onsite and respond appropriately.
- Provide adequate plans, procedures, work instructions to supervisors, contractors and personnel to enable them to carry out the tasks safely and efficiently.
The successful applicant will possess the following qualifications, experience and qualities:
- Tertiary qualifications in Geotechnical Engineering
- Extensive experience in a Geotechnical Engineering role
- Extensive experience in the underground coal mining industry
- Longwall mining experience (Desirable)
- Operational and project management experience (desirable)
Benefits for You
- Full time, permanent position.
- Excellent opportunity for career development.
- Attractive Salary and relocation package.
- Opportunity to work for an Industry leader.
How to Apply
If you are interested in this position:
- Complete the questions in the below application, then click Apply;
- Attach your Resume. Please note this is a mandatory requirement of the application process
Whitehaven Coal is committed to increasing the representation of women and Aboriginal people in the workplace. Whitehaven aims for an inclusive workplace that brings both men and women from diverse backgrounds and welcomes applicants who reflect diversity of gender, culture, experience and skills.
In order to be considered for this position you must currently have the right to work in Australia.
Please be advised that in the interest of the health of our employees and visitors, all Whitehaven Coal sites are smoke free.