Open Cut Examiner
About Whitehaven Coal
Whitehaven Coal is the dominant player in Australia’s only emerging high-quality coal basin. We help power developed and emerging economies in Asia where there is strong and growing demand for our product, particularly for use in high-efficiency, low-emissions coal-fired power stations. With 20 years of industry experience we have developed a growing reputation for excellence in project delivery and safe, efficient and environmentally responsible operations.
The Role: Open Cut Examiner, Open Cut Operations (Tarrawonga, NSW)
An outstanding opportunity has become available for an Open Cut Examiner to join the Open Cut Operations Team in Tarrawonga. The Open Cut Examiner is accountable for supervising the daily operations of the allocated open cut mine site to ensure production and budgetary targets are met whilst complying with relevant legislative and statutory requirements in the area of safety and environment.
To be successful in the role you will:
- Monitor production and coal quality targets and ensure mining work is performed in accordance with mining plans so that coal and overburden targets are met.
- Ensure equipment is used and maintained appropriately and utilisation is aligned with budget.
- Lead continuous improvement activities to increase mining and plant efficiency.
- Assist with short and long-term production planning.
- Supervise and direct the mining crews including provision of pre-shift information, shift planning, assigning employees to specific tasks, and monitoring start and finish times of crew.
The successful applicant will possess the following qualifications, experience and qualities:
- Open Cut Examiners Certificate.
- Experience as a supervisor in the mining industry.
- Experience in risk management.
- Extensive experience as a multi-skilled operator in the mining industry.
- Knowledge of WH&S legislation and statutory requirements in NSW.
Benefits for You
- Opportunity to work for an Industry leader.
- Excellent training and career prospects.
- Attractive salary and relocation package.
- Permanent, full time position.
How to Apply
If you are interested in this position:
- Complete the questions in the below application, then click Apply;
- Attach your Resume. Please note this is a mandatory requirement of the application process.
The Narrabri Shire is conveniently located halfway between Brisbane and Sydney and is well serviced by road and rail. The Narrabri Shire has established healthcare infrastructure and a wide selection of public and secondary schools offering great teaching and learning opportunities.
Whitehaven Coal is committed to increasing the representation of women and Aboriginal people in the workplace. Whitehaven aims for an inclusive workplace that brings both men and women from diverse backgrounds and welcomes applicants who reflect diversity of gender, culture, experience and skills.
In order to be considered for this position you must currently have the right to work in Australia.
Please be advised that in the interest of the health of our employees and visitors, all Whitehaven Coal sites are smoke free.