About Whitehaven Coal
Whitehaven Coal is the dominant player in Australia’s only emerging high-quality coal basin. We help power developed and emerging economies in Asia where there is strong and growing demand for our product, particularly for use in high-efficiency, low-emissions coal-fired power stations. With 20 years of industry experience we have developed a growing reputation for excellence in project delivery and safe, efficient and environmentally responsible operations.
The Role: Outbye Mining Coordinator, Underground Operations (Narrabri, NSW)
An outstanding opportunity has become available for an Outbye Mining Coordinator to join the underground team at Narrabri Mine,
To be successful in the role you will:
- The safety performance of Narrabri Mine Outbye Mining activities, by complying with and enforcing effective safety systems.
- All Outbye activities are to achieve planned targets, including management of significant contractor activity.
- Provide active leadership to the Outbye Mining and Secondary Support teams to identify areas for potential improvement to mining process.
- Ensure compliance with all safety and environmental obligations pertaining to activities in the Outbye Mining areas of the mine.
- Provide leadership for Supervisors, Outbye Work Groups, Technicians, Consultants, and Specialist Contractors. Set, articulate and measure expectations.
- Maintain compliance with legislative requirements.
- Formulate daily, weekly and monthly plans in accordance with the mine’s schedule
- Achieve cost effective operations of Outbye activities in accordance with operating plans and budgets.
- Proactively manage costs by conducting regular conciliations of expenditure against budget, identify risks and identify opportunities
- Achieve budget and forecast requirements
The successful applicant will possess the following qualifications, experience and qualities:
- Experience in the mining industry
- Preferred holder of certificate of competency as Deputy or Engineering qualification’s
- Worked within a multi-discipline environment where interface issues were prevalent, priority setting a recognised responsibility.
- Demonstrated technical & operational ability in a similar mining and/or processing environment.
Benefits for You
- Full time, permanent position.
- Excellent opportunity for career development.
- Attractive Salary and relocation package.
- Opportunity to work for an Industry leader and be part of the team in rural NSW.
How to Apply
If you are interested in this position:
- Complete the questions in the below application, then click Apply;
- Attach your Resume. Please note this is a mandatory requirement of the application process
Whitehaven Coal is committed to increasing the representation of women and Aboriginal people in the workplace. Whitehaven aims for an inclusive workplace that brings both men and women from diverse backgrounds and welcomes applicants who reflect diversity of gender, culture, experience and skills.
In order to be considered for this position you must currently have the right to work in Australia.
Please be advised that in the interest of the health of our employees and visitors, all Whitehaven Coal sites are smoke free.