About Whitehaven Coal
Whitehaven Coal is the dominant player in Australia’s only emerging high-quality coal basin. We help power developed and emerging economies in Asia where there is strong and growing demand for our product, particularly for use in high-efficiency, low-emissions coal-fired power stations. With 20 years of industry experience we have developed a growing reputation for excellence in project delivery and safe, efficient and environmentally responsible operations.
The Role: Mine Surveyor, Open Cut Operations (Werris Creek, NSW)
An outstanding opportunity has become available for a Mine Surveyor to join Open Cut Operations team at Werris Creek. The Surveyor is accountable for providing survey coverage for the Werris Creek mine site.
To be successful in the role you will:
- Provide operations management and staff with all survey services required to support the Werris Creek operation
- Provide spatial information in relation to volumes, areas and distances, and maintain spatial database.
- Provide CAD drafting capabilities for mine plans and other associated drawings to support mine production.
- Ensure mining approvals and lease commitments are maintained.
- Compile and provide end of month reports in a timely manner.
- Assist the Statutory Surveyor to perform their duties
- Ensure mining activity complies with the Lease conditions and report any deviation in the Mining Operations Plan (MOP) and Mining, Rehabilitation and Environmental Management Process (MREMP) guidelines
- Ensure production, drill and blast and processing teams have indication pegs and survey plans in place to be able to deliver the mining requirement
- Routinely provide RL feedback on mining floors, dumps and other work areas to ensure other stakeholders maintain discipline to design and plans
The successful applicant will possess the following qualifications, experience and qualities:
- Qualifications in Surveying or related discipline at Diploma or Bachelor level
- Registered Surveyor NSW (preferred but not essential)
- Competence with CAD drawing software such as Vulcan, CivilCAD or AutoCAD
- Fundamental understanding of mining process
Benefits for You
- Full time, permanent position.
- Excellent opportunity for career development.
- Attractive Salary and relocation package.
- Opportunity to work for an Industry leader.
How to Apply
If you are interested in this position:
- Complete the questions in the below application, then click Apply;
- Attach your Resume. Please note this is a mandatory requirement of the application process
Whitehaven Coal is committed to increasing the representation of women and Aboriginal people in the workplace. Whitehaven aims for an inclusive workplace that brings both men and women from diverse backgrounds and welcomes applicants who reflect diversity of gender, culture, experience and skills.
In order to be considered for this position you must currently have the right to work in Australia.
Please be advised that in the interest of the health of our employees and visitors, all Whitehaven Coal sites are smoke free.