Health & Safety Advisor
About Whitehaven Coal
Whitehaven Coal is the dominant player in Australia’s only emerging high-quality coal basin. We help power developed and emerging economies in Asia where there is strong and growing demand for our product, particularly for use in high-efficiency, low-emissions coal-fired power stations. With 20 years of industry experience we have developed a growing reputation for excellence in project delivery and safe, efficient and environmentally responsible operations.
The Role: Health & Safety Advisor (Maules Creek, NSW)
An outstanding opportunity has become available for a Health & Safety Advisor to join our team at Maules Creek. The Maules Health and Safety Advisor is accountable for assisting with developing, coordinating, maintaining and enhancing Health and safety, and Emergency management systems across Maules Creek and ensuring statutory compliance. The role includes providing advice, coaching and assistance to site personnel as well as developing and coordinating the implementation of Whitehaven Coal Safety strategies.
To be successful in the role you will:
- Assist with corporate Health Initiatives and the facilitation of such programs and initiatives at Maules Creek
- Support the operations in the development of a Health and Safety-focussed culture through collaborative and effective communication.
- Develop and maintain safety and training management systems in response to legislative and operational change, industry leading practice and incident corrective actions.
- Review high potential safety and training incident investigations for adequacy of corrective actions, timeliness of close out and apply findings to identify opportunities to improve safety and training management systems.
- Assist with the development and implementation an audit program with the primary aim of conducting first party or internal audits to Whitehaven Coal’s Group Health and Safety Management System.
- Assist where required to develop and maintain training materials and packages for operators and maintenance personnel in conjunction with The Training Superintendent.
- Assist with the maintenance and upkeep of the WHC INX Incident Reporting System
- Assist with the injury management and rehabilitation of injured employees
The successful applicant will possess the following qualifications, experience and qualities:
- Tertiary qualifications in Work Health and Safety or related discipline.
- Certificate IV in Workplace Training and Assessment
- WHS Systems Auditor
- First Aid Certificate
- Root cause incident investigation facilitation
- Level 2 risk assessment facilitation
Benefits for You
- Full time, permanent position.
- Excellent opportunity for career development.
- Attractive Salary and relocation package.
- Opportunity to work for an Industry leader in a family friendly location.
- Lifestyle Roster - home at weekends
How to Apply
If you are interested in this position:
- Complete the questions in the below application, then click Apply;
- Attach your Resume. Please note this is a mandatory requirement of the application process
Whitehaven Coal is committed to increasing the representation of women and Aboriginal people in the workplace. Whitehaven aims for an inclusive workplace that brings both men and women from diverse backgrounds and welcomes applicants who reflect diversity of gender, culture, experience and skills.
In order to be considered for this position you must currently have the right to work in Australia.
Please be advised that in the interest of the health of our employees and visitors, all Whitehaven Coal sites are smoke free.