Health, Safety & Training Officer
About Whitehaven Coal
Whitehaven Coal is the dominant player in Australia’s only emerging high-quality coal basin. We help power developed and emerging economies in Asia where there is strong and growing demand for our product, particularly for use in high-efficiency, low-emissions coal-fired power stations. With 20 years of industry experience we have developed a growing reputation for excellence in project delivery and safe, efficient and environmentally responsible operations.
The Role: Health, Safety & Training Officer (Werris Creek, NSW)
An outstanding opportunity has become available for a Health, Safety & Training Officer to join Open Cut Operations team at Werris Creek. The Health, Safety & Training Officer will be a part of the site team responsible for promoting a positive health and safety culture, maintaining the required level of compliance across all work areas on site, working collaboratively with work areas to achieve training requirements, facilitate and monitor the site’s risk and incident management processes and participate in scheduled work area inspections/audits.
To be successful in the role you will:
- Provide the ongoing maintenance and improvement of health, safety and training related matters
- Ensure full and accurate health and safety and training records are being maintained as per compliance requirements
- Assist the Health Safety and Training Manager develop and implement internal health and safety strategies, plans and policies necessary to optimise business performance and compliance.
- Support line management in their accountability for legislative obligations and WHS Management System compliance requirements.
- Facilitate and/or participate in work area incident investigations, risk assessments and management of change processes.
- Identifying areas of non-compliances and trends with work area health, safety and training processes, record management and systems.
- Liaise with external consultants and WHC key stakeholders associated with Occupational Hygiene Monitoring, Order 43 medicals and injury management processes.
- Provide training on health and safety matters to site work areas.
- Working collaboratively with work areas in conducting work area inspections, in-field task observations and verifying critical control effectiveness
- Monitor the site’s emergency preparedness and response equipment and capabilities.
The successful applicant will possess the following qualifications, experience and qualities:
- Certificate IV Training an Assessment (Essential)
- Certificate IV Work Health & Safety (Essential)
- Current Drivers Licence (Essential)
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a similar role.
Benefits for You
- Full time, permanent position.
- Excellent opportunity for career development.
- Attractive Salary and relocation package.
- Opportunity to work for an Industry leader.
How to Apply
If you are interested in this position:
- Complete the questions in the below application, then click Apply;
- Attach your Resume. Please note this is a mandatory requirement of the application process
Whitehaven Coal is committed to increasing the representation of women and Aboriginal people in the workplace. Whitehaven aims for an inclusive workplace that brings both men and women from diverse backgrounds and welcomes applicants who reflect diversity of gender, culture, experience and skills.
In order to be considered for this position you must currently have the right to work in Australia.
Please be advised that in the interest of the health of our employees and visitors, all Whitehaven Coal sites are smoke free.