About Whitehaven Coal
Whitehaven Coal is the dominant player in Australia’s only emerging high-quality coal basin. We help power developed and emerging economies in Asia where there is strong and growing demand for our product, particularly for use in high-efficiency, low-emissions coal-fired power stations. With 20 years of industry experience we have developed a growing reputation for excellence in project delivery and safe, efficient and environmentally responsible operations.
The Role: Communications Technician, Maintenance (Maules Creek, NSW)
An outstanding opportunity has become available for 4 Communications Technicians to join the maintenance team at Maul Creek Mine. The Communications Technician is to support the installation, commissioning, maintenance, and troubleshooting of communication technology used on the mine site.
To be successful in the role you will:
- Ensure maintenance work management systems prioritise safety, through; effective planning that anticipate & prepare for potential hazards and encourage proactive work to reduce need for potential high-risk tasks.
- Ensure that all incidents and accidents are reported and are followed up correctly to minimise and manage risk and oversee investigations where required, ensuring that the relevant Occupational Health and Safety Act is complied with at all times.
- Installations are conducted to the highest practicable standard to reduce future unplanned down time.
- Ensure all commissioning and as built documentation is completed.
- Inspecting monitoring tools to identify issues and arranging rectification of that issue.
- Ensure all record keeping documentation is up to date.
- Ensure any confidential information exposed in the process of completing any task (predominantly investigations) remains confidential.
- Comply with all reasonable and lawful instructions that are consistent with your contract of employment
The successful applicant will possess the following qualifications, experience and qualities:
- Tertiary telecommunications Trade Certificate III (or equivalent).
- Minimum of five (5) years in the mining or heavy industry or processing plant.
- Minimum of five (5) years with Communications on heavy industry or processing plant.
- Proficiency in RF, Wi-Fi and IP communications.
- Current Unencumbered New South Wales “C” Class Drivers Licence
Benefits for You
- Full time, permanent position.
- Excellent opportunity for career development.
- Attractive Salary and relocation package.
- Opportunity to work for an Industry leader.
How to Apply
If you are interested in this position:
- Complete the questions in the below application, then click Apply;
- Attach your Resume. Please note this is a mandatory requirement of the application process
Whitehaven Coal is committed to increasing the representation of women and Aboriginal people in the workplace. Whitehaven aims for an inclusive workplace that brings both men and women from diverse backgrounds and welcomes applicants who reflect diversity of gender, culture, experience and skills.
In order to be considered for this position you must currently have the right to work in Australia.
Please be advised that in the interest of the health of our employees and visitors, all Whitehaven Coal sites are smoke free.