About Whitehaven Coal
Whitehaven Coal is the dominant player in Australia’s only emerging high-quality coal basin. We help power developed and emerging economies in Asia where there is strong and growing demand for our product, particularly for use in high-efficiency, low-emissions coal-fired power stations. With 20 years of industry experience we have developed a growing reputation for excellence in project delivery and safe, efficient and environmentally responsible operations.
The Role: Automation Superintendent, Surface Engineering (Narrabri, NSW)
An outstanding opportunity has become available for an Automation Superintendent to join the team at Narrabri Mine. The Automation Superintendent is accountable for providing automation technical support to the entire Narrabri Coal Operations site, covering key surface infrastructure and all underground infrastructure including Conveyors, Development and Longwall Equipment and CHPP.
To be successful in the role you will:
- Develop budgets and costing for use in the operating and capital financial models.
- Proactively manage costs by conducting regular reconciliations of expenditure against budget, as well as cost reviews to identify risks and opportunities within area of responsibility.
- Monitor and maintain the site control and operating systems.
- Manage and maintain the Software Management System.
- Audit and review site standards associated with site wide automation.
- Assist FAT reviews of key electrical infrastructure.
- React to breakdown events to assist production teams.
- Train, mentor and develop site personnel in control and automation.
The successful applicant will possess the following qualifications, experience and qualities:
- Tertiary qualifications in Electrical Engineering would be well regarded.
- Advanced Diploma in Electrical Engineering.
- Electrical Trade.
- Formal training recognition in: Citect, SCADA, Programmable Logic Controllers and networks.
Benefits for You
- Full time, permanent position.
- Excellent opportunity for career development.
- Attractive Salary, Bonus and relocation package.
- Opportunity to work for an Industry leader in beautiful rural NSW
How to Apply
If you are interested in this position:
- Complete the questions in the below application, then click Apply;
- Attach your Resume. Please note this is a mandatory requirement of the application process
Whitehaven Coal is committed to increasing the representation of women and Aboriginal people in the workplace. Whitehaven aims for an inclusive workplace that brings both men and women from diverse backgrounds and welcomes applicants who reflect diversity of gender, culture, experience and skills.
In order to be considered for this position you must currently have the right to work in Australia.
Please be advised that in the interest of the health of our employees and visitors, all Whitehaven Coal sites are smoke free.