About Whitehaven Coal
Whitehaven Coal is the dominant player in Australia’s only emerging high-quality coal basin. We help power developed and emerging economies in Asia where there is strong and growing demand for our product, particularly for use in high-efficiency, low-emissions coal-fired power stations. With 20 years of industry experience we have developed a growing reputation for excellence in project delivery and safe, efficient and environmentally responsible operations.
The Role: Production Operator (Maules Creek, NSW)
An outstanding opportunity has become available for contractors to become Whitehaven Coal Employees.
To be successful in the role you will:
- Comply with site login and out procedures
- Conduct daily pre and post shift inspections with appropriate documentation in adherence with company policy
- Safe, and correct operation of equipment in accordance with site procedures and manufacture’s guidelines
- Safely all weather conditions
- Service, clean and refuel equipment as required
- Actively participate in positive radio communications with all site operators
- Abide by, and adherence to, site traffic policy and guidelines
- Detect and report any vehicle defects, accidents, traffic violations or damage immediately
- Correctly complete shift reporting requirements
- Monitor ground conditions and work areas, and adjust operating techniques to suit changing conditions
- Monitor the machine systems and respond to alarms immediately
- Be alert for hazards, including other personnel and equipment in the operating area
The successful applicant will possess the following qualifications, experience and qualities:
- Minimum of 12 months open cut production mining experience
- Operation of CAT 789 truck equivalent or above,
- Operation of Hitachi EH3500 or above
- Verification of competencies to validate operating experience
- Good communication skills
- Ability to undertake shift work, days, nights and weekends
- Ability to work on rotating roster
- Current Driver’s Licence
- Current NSW Order 43 Medical, or the ability to pass one, including drug & alcohol testing
Benefits for You
- Full time, permanent position.
- Excellent opportunity for career development.
- Competitive Salary
- Opportunity to work for an Industry leader.
How to Apply
If you are interested in this position:
- Complete the questions in the below application, then click Apply;
- Attach your Resume. Please note this is a mandatory requirement of the application process
Whitehaven Coal is committed to increasing the representation of women and Aboriginal people in the workplace. Whitehaven aims for an inclusive workplace that brings both men and women from diverse backgrounds and welcomes applicants who reflect diversity of gender, culture, experience and skills.
In order to be considered for this position you must currently have the right to work in Australia.
Please be advised that in the interest of the health of our employees and visitors, all Whitehaven Coal sites are smoke free.