About Whitehaven Coal
Whitehaven Coal is the dominant player in Australia’s only emerging high-quality coal basin. We help power developed and emerging economies in Asia where there is strong and growing demand for our product, particularly for use in high-efficiency, low-emissions coal-fired power stations. With 20 years of industry experience we have developed a growing reputation for excellence in project delivery and safe, efficient and environmentally responsible operations.
The Role: AHS Builder, AHS (Maules Creek, NSW)
An outstanding opportunity has become available for an AHS Builder to join the team at Maules Creek. The AHS Builder is Responsible for the management and accuracy of the virtual mine model.
To be successful in the role you will:
- Create and maintain the virtual mine model.
- Define the road network and beacons in the Fleet Management System (FMS).
- Define sources, materials and destinations in the FMS.
- Validate and transfer dig block files to dozers and excavators.
- Validate and transfer elevation or surface design files to excavators, dozers and graders.
- Work closely with short term planning, mine scheduling and operations.
- Maintain and validate the virtual mine model.
- Manage physical mapping of the haul routes and communications network.
- Validate communications network coverage using specialised Manned Instrumented Vehicles.
- Manage additional requirements for virtual mine model, including exclusion areas, dumping design, queue points, etc.
- Comply with standard operating procedures for operating within the autonomous operating zone including entry and exit.
- Use AHS onboard systems installed in vehicles, to create, remove & validate exclusion areas.
The successful applicant will possess the following qualifications, experience and qualities:
- Previous mine design experience
- Remote Digital Terminal operating experience, or the capability to obtain
- Experience with FMS, AHS and/or Dispatch.
- Experience with mining technology.
- Willingness to relocate to Gunnedah/Boggabri/Narrabri
- Ability to undergo and pass a full coal services health medical and drug/alcohol testing.
- Right to work in Australia.
Benefits for You
- Job stability with a permanent, full time position.
- Be home every night - no more FIFO/DIDO!
- Lifestyle roster - only work 6 months over the course of a year and be home every night.
- Competitive annual salary with bonuses!
- BIBO from multiple pick up locations in Gunnedah, Boggabri and Narrabri.
How to Apply
If you are interested in this position:
- Complete the questions in the below application, then click Apply;
- Attach your Resume. Please note this is a mandatory requirement of the application process
Whitehaven Coal is committed to increasing the representation of women and Aboriginal people in the workplace. Whitehaven aims for an inclusive workplace that brings both men and women from diverse backgrounds and welcomes applicants who reflect diversity of gender, culture, experience and skills.
In order to be considered for this position you must currently have the right to work in Australia.
Please be advised that in the interest of the health of our employees and visitors, all Whitehaven Coal sites are smoke free.