CHPP Operations & Business Improvement Manager
About Whitehaven Coal
Whitehaven Coal is the dominant player in Australia’s only emerging high-quality coal basin. We help power developed and emerging economies in Asia where there is strong and growing demand for our product, particularly for use in high-efficiency, low-emissions coal-fired power stations. With 20 years of industry experience we have developed a growing reputation for excellence in project delivery and safe, efficient and environmentally responsible operations.
The Role: CHPP Operations and Business Improvement Manager (Maules Creek, NSW)
An outstanding opportunity has become available for a Coal Handling & Processing Plant Operations and Business Improvement Manager to join the team in Maules Creek. The CHPP & BI Manager is a dual role, with 2 distinct accountabilities; Firstly, the safe productive performance of the Coal Handing Processing Plant (CHPP) and secondly, the site Business Improvement program.
To be successful in the role you will:
- Develop annual budget for the CHPP operations;
- Achieve cost effective operations of the CHPP department in accordance with annual operating plans and budgets by maintaining optimum work practices, maximising productivity and ensuring effective utilisation of staff and resources.
- Proactively manage costs by conducting regular reconciliations of expenditure against budget, as well as cost reviews to identify risks and opportunities within area of responsibility. Ensuring them are reflected in the forecast.
- Develop the Business Improvement budget, to support initiatives across site in line with annual target.
- Support the General Manager in aligning the financial systems and structures with the help of the Commercial Manager, to better support the tracking of the expenditure, and visualise the improvement programs with a link between Production and Financials clearly available.
- Actively participate as a member of the Maules Creek Senior Leadership Team.
- Providing leadership and guidance to the entire CHPP operation;
- Oversee the development, operation and maintenance of CHPP systems and procedures;
- Ensure regulatory compliance with regards to maintenance activities for all CHPP plant and equipment;
- Sufficiently resource the CHPP and BI department, ensuring adequate equipment and personnel are available to achieve the objectives.
- Liaise with Mine and Technical Services personnel with regards to schedule for coal processing activities;
- Ensuring plant operational budget KPI’s are met;
- Work in conjunction with Maintenance Planning Team to ensure CHPP asset has an adequate asset management plan;
- Provide leading input into Stock Pile Management;
- Monitor, manage and report on CHPP Coal Quality;
- Provide advice to scheduling and planning processes to meet quality specifications;
- Manage and coordinate Coal Logistics.
- Develop in conjunction with Senior Leadership Team the key Site Strategic Objectives and Pillars.
- Work with Commercial Manager in aligning systems to reflect site improvements.
- Ensure Business Improvement initiatives are in line with Strategic Objectives.
- Set up a Business Improvement framework, with training and engagement to deliver on key site activities.
- Set up a Business Improvement tracking system that can clearly display initiatives to their respective pillars
The successful applicant will possess the following qualifications, experience and qualities:
- Bachelor Degree in Electrical, Mechanical or Process Engineering discipline;
- Qualifications in Business Improvement
- Ability to develop complex operational systems;
- Well-developed planning and work management skills, and the ability to work autonomously;
- 5+ years’ Managerial (department head) experience in the Mining or Mineral Processing Industry;
- 15+ years’ experience in Mining and Mineral Processing Industry;
- A strong understanding of key business and industry success drivers;
- Sound commercial acumen with the ability to relate physical activities to budget goals and constraints;
- A positive attitude and a willingness to lead a dynamic CHPP Team;
- Working to ensure the highest personal standards of behaviour and discipline at all times.
- Locally based, or willing to relocate to the area.
Benefits for You
- Full time, permanent position.
- Excellent opportunity for career development.
- Attractive Salary and relocation package.
- Opportunity to work for an Industry leader.
How to Apply
If you are interested in this position:
- Complete the questions in the below application, then click Apply;
- Attach your Resume. Please note this is a mandatory requirement of the application process
Whitehaven Coal is committed to increasing the representation of women and Aboriginal people in the workplace. Whitehaven aims for an inclusive workplace that brings both men and women from diverse backgrounds and welcomes applicants who reflect diversity of gender, culture, experience and skills.
In order to be considered for this position you must currently have the right to work in Australia.
Please be advised that in the interest of the health of our employees and visitors, all Whitehaven Coal sites are smoke free.