About Whitehaven Coal
Whitehaven Coal is the dominant player in Australia’s only emerging high-quality coal basin. We help power developed and emerging economies in Asia where there is strong and growing demand for our product, particularly for use in high-efficiency, low-emissions coal-fired power stations. With 20 years of industry experience we have developed a growing reputation for excellence in project delivery and safe, efficient and environmentally responsible operations.
The Role: CHPP Supervisor, Coal Handling & Preparation Plant (Maules Creek, NSW)
An outstanding opportunity has become available for a CHPP Supervisor to join the team in Maules Creek. CHPP Supervisor is accountable for safe coordination of all coal-processing activities within the CHPP on shift in accordance with safety and compliance targets, budget tonnes and quality objectives.
To be successful in the role you will:
- Provide day-to-day operational direction to achieve required targets.
- Execution of the production plan.
- Ensure that operators receive proper instruction and training in safe processing practices.
- Assist Superintendent in building and maintaining a CHPP handbook.
- Assist in the planning for repair and maintenance activity scheduling
- Input into short-term production plans and forecasts to meet market demand, rail and shipping schedules.
- 100% compliance to management and procedural plans
- Working in a team environment and coordinating coal preparation activities in a cost-effective and efficient manner in accordance with weekly operating plans and budgets by maintaining optimum work practices, maximising productivity and ensuring effective utilisation of plant and resources.
- Cost reduction activities / initiatives.
- Assist in managing contracts within the CHPP area.
The successful applicant will possess the following qualifications, experience and qualities:
- High School Education
- Trade qualification would be desirable.
- May hold tertiary qualification in a relevant discipline (engineering or science)
Benefits for You
- Full time, permanent position.
- Excellent opportunity for career development.
- Attractive Salary and relocation package.
- Opportunity to work for an Industry leader.
How to Apply
If you are interested in this position:
- Complete the questions in the below application, then click Apply;
- Attach your Resume. Please note this is a mandatory requirement of the application process
Whitehaven Coal is committed to increasing the representation of women and Aboriginal people in the workplace. Whitehaven aims for an inclusive workplace that brings both men and women from diverse backgrounds and welcomes applicants who reflect diversity of gender, culture, experience and skills.
In order to be considered for this position you must currently have the right to work in Australia.
Please be advised that in the interest of the health of our employees and visitors, all Whitehaven Coal sites are smoke free.