Senior HR Business Partner
About Whitehaven Coal
Whitehaven Coal is the dominant player in Australia’s only emerging high-quality coal basin. We help power developed and emerging economies in Asia where there is strong and growing demand for our product, particularly for use in high-efficiency, low-emissions coal-fired power stations. With 20 years of industry experience we have developed a growing reputation for excellence in project delivery and safe, efficient and environmentally responsible operations.
The Role: Senior HR Business Partner, People & Culture (Gunnedah, NSW)
This is an exciting time to join the Whitehaven Coal People & Culture team and play an integral role in the development of the new P&C function for an ASX listed miner.
This position is a critical interface between the Whitehaven Operations, and the People and Culture Business Unit.
This role is a key resource in the enacting, implementation and sustainability of the People and Culture Plan which rests upon the following key pillars:
- Standardised, simple and scalable enabling infrastructure to support the operational business
- Focus upon engagement and the development of a performance culture throughout the employee life cycle
- Use real time data and metrics to enable the operational business monitoring and manage employee productivity and business delivery
- Develop and enhance the operation and organisational leadership, capability, talent management and forecasting operational needs with a 3-5 year outlook
- Site based coaching and development initiatives, supporting change management, workforce optimisation, facilitating culture and engagement initiatives, and managing IR, ER and performance matters.
The successful applicant will possess the following qualifications, experience and qualities:
- A Degree in Human Resources, law or similar
- 8+ years Human Resource generalist or business partnering experience gained in mining, heavy industry or construction
- Extensive understanding of ER/IR related matters including termination procedures, unfair dismissals, award interpretation and employee bargaining
- Demonstrated experience working with unions in a blue collar environment
- Be resilient & adaptable in an ever changing environment
- Track record in successfully delivering key HR initiatives and change management
Benefits for You
- Full time,12 month fixed term position with potential to become permanent role
- Monday to Friday role supporting our open cut mines
- 5 weeks annual leave
- Attractive salary
- Friendly and passionate team
- Drive In/Drive Out from Hunter/Newcastle area or relocation package to live locally in the Gunnedah/Narrabri region
Whitehaven Coal is committed to increasing the representation of women and Aboriginal people in the workplace. Whitehaven aims for an inclusive workplace that brings both men and women from diverse backgrounds and welcomes applicants who reflect diversity of gender, culture, experience and skills.
In order to be considered for this position you must currently have the right to work in Australia.
Please be advised that in the interest of the health of our employees and visitors, all Whitehaven Coal sites are smoke free.